Teddy Roosevelt Added The 1st White House Tennis Court

Tennis courts made their debut at the White House during the term of Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt eras on the near south side of the West Wing. The court was moved further south in 1910, ¬†First Lady Florence Harding hosted the first women’s tennis exhibition at the White House on the old White House tennis court before it was moved to its¬†. In 1989 President George HW Bush enlarged the court and in 2009, Barack Obama had basketball court lines painted and baskets added so that he could play full-court basketball.

photo_of_tennis_courts_at_white_house

Leave a Reply